Job Title:Fall 2012 Student Intern
Department:Department Of The Interior
Agency:Office of the Secretary of the Interior
Job Announcement Number:Intern-12-MM703692
|SALARY RANGE:||$13.00 to $21.22 / Per Hour|
|OPEN PERIOD:||Monday, July 16, 2012 to Monday, July 23, 2012|
|SERIES & GRADE:||GS-0326-03/05|
|POSITION INFORMATION:||Multiple Schedules – Internships|
|DUTY LOCATIONS:||Many vacancies in the following location:
Washington DC, DC United StatesView Map
|WHO MAY BE CONSIDERED:||U.S.Citizen; No Prior Federal Experience Required|
Are you looking for a unique internship opportunity to gain valuable work experience in the public sector? The Department of the Interior is devoted to protecting and preserving the natural resources of this great nation, including National Parks, landmarks, and the well-being of communities, including those of Native Americans, Alaska Natives, Native Hawaiians, and affliated Islanders.
The Department of the Interior is seeking enthusiastic and dedicated students to work in the Office of the Secretary Internship Program. You will have an opportunity to work with some of the Department’s senior policy advisors to the Secretary of the Interior in areas such as the Office of Congressional Affairs, the Office of Communications, the Office of External Affairs, the Scheduling Office, and the Office of the Executive Secretariat. From September 4 – December 31, 2012, you will be exposed to the Federal work environment and will learn about the mission and the roles and responsibilities of the DOI! This is a temporary student opportunity expected to last for three (3) months during the fall semester.
This opportunity is open to current degree or certificate seeking students at a qualifying educational institution OR have been admitted/accepted for enrollment at a qualifying education institution. You will be required to provide documentation to support your eligibility. See the “How to Apply” section for details.
NOTE: You must maintain student eligibility and enrollment for the duration of the internship. If you cannot, you are ineligible for this program. Please review the “REQUIREMENTS” section of this vacancy announcement to ensure that you qualify for this internship.
This position is located at the Department of the Interior, Main Interior Building located at 1849 C Street, NW, Washington, DC 20240.
- US Citizenship Required
- There is no promotion potential associated with this position
- Travel and relocation expenses will not be paid
As an Office Automation Clerk participating in the Secretary’s Immediate Office intern program, you’re duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Performs a variety of word processing and clerical duties;
- Utilizes office automation hardware and software, types correspondence, reports, tabular material, forms statistical charts, and similar material. Word processing is performed in final form and may include scientific/technical terminology and foreign languages.
- Receives, screens, maintains, controls and routes mail, correspondence and other material;
- Establishes and maintains a variety of files; and
- Receives telephone calls and office visitors. Supplies detailed information in response to varied inquiries.
These generic requirements are relevant to all offices; however, your daily duties will depend upon which Office within the Office of the Secretary you are placed in.