Job Title:Student Trainee (Management and Program Analysis), GS-399-4/5
Department:Department Of Education
Agency:Office of Legislation and Congressional Affairs
Job Announcement Number:OLCA-2012-0010
|$30,456.00 to $44,293.00 / Per Year|
|Tuesday, July 31, 2012 to Monday, August 06, 2012|
SERIES & GRADE:
|Flexible work schedule – Excepted Service Appointment.|
|1 vacancy in the following location(s):
Washington, DC, USView Map
WHO MAY BE CONSIDERED:
|This position is part of the Pathways Program and is open to current students who are enrolled or accepted for enrollment in a qualifying educational program and enrolled at least half-time.
One or more vacancies may be filled from this announcement.
The U.S. Department of Education (ED) is looking for the best and brightest to promote student achievement and preparation for global competitiveness by fostering educational excellence and ensuring equal access. If you are a highly-motivated, creative individual who would like to work for an agency that establishes policies on federal financial aid for education, distributes as well as monitors those funds; collects data on America’s schools and disseminates research; focuses national attention on key educational issues; and prohibits discrimination and ensures equal access to education, ED is the place for you!
The Department of Education, Office of Legislative and Congressional Affairs is looking for qualified students to perform analysis and developmental advisory assignments related to the effectiveness of programs and the efficiency of the management of operations.
- Must be enrolled at least half time at a qualified education institution
- Must be a U.S. citizen
- Must complete a background investigation
As a Student Trainee you will:
- assist with conducting studies of work processes and procedures;
- assist with identifying problems; reviewing standards; and making recommendations for problem resolution;
- assist with the development of directives and the design, development, documentation, and implementation of various reporting systems.
- assist with research and gathers background material on various administrative tasks which may include specialized terminology and/or complicated formats.
- assist Legislative and Congressional staff with inquiries from Congressional Members and their Staff, as well as individual projects.
- review documents for specific issues, problems, or concerns, referring complex or sensitive cases to a higher grade specialist.
Completion of 2 academic years of post-high school study or associate’s degree
3 years, 1 year of which was equivalent to at least GS-4
The required education must lead to a bachelor’s degree with specialization in or directly related to the field in which the student trainees will receive training on the job. The degree of specialization in this field must satisfy on graduation the specific educational requirements in the qualification standard for the corresponding two-grade interval positions.
4-year course of study leading to a bachelor’s degree
For full qualifications go to: http://www.opm.gov/qualifications/index.asp
Veterans’ Preference: If you are entitled to veterans’ preference, you should indicate the type of veterans’ preference you are claiming on your résumé. Your veterans’ preference entitlement will be verified by the employing agency.
For 5-point veterans’ preference, please provide your DD-214 (Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty), official statement of service from your command if you are currently on active duty, or other official documentation (e.g., copy of military orders, campaign documents as: or expeditionary award citation, etc.) that proves your military service was performed under honorable conditions.
For 10-point veterans’ preference, you must submit a SF-15, Application for 10-Point Veteran Preference and all other required documentation. Click here for the form http://www.opm.gov/forms/pdf_fill/sf15.pdf.