Job Title:OPPORTUNITIES FOR INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES
Department:Department Of Veterans Affairs
Agency:Veterans Affairs, Veterans Health Administration
Job Announcement Number:528D-12MMS-999
|$0.00 to $0.00 / Per Year|
|Tuesday, July 17, 2012 to Sunday, September 30, 2012|
SERIES & GRADE:
|Multiple Schedules – Multiple Appointment Types|
|Few vacancies in the following location:
Albany, NY United StatesView Map
WHO MAY BE CONSIDERED:
|This announcement is open to all US Citizens with disabilities|
TO BE CONSIDERED, APPLICANTS WILL NEED TO SUBMIT DOCUMENTATION ONLINE AND WILL ONLY BE CONTACTED IF A VACANCY EXISTS WHICH COMPLIMENTS YOUR RESUME.
THIS ANNOUNCEMENT WILL BE USED TO FILL VACANCIES IN ALBANY, NY AND THE SURROUNDING AREAS ONLY.
Vacancy Identification Number (VIN): 705469 (Include on all documents)
The Department of Veterans Affairs is an employer of choice as a center of excellence in patient care, education and research. We value trust, respect, commitment, compassion, and excellence; we value you. For more information on the Department of Veterans Affairs, go to http://www.va.gov.
If you are an individual with a disability or disabilities, you may be eligible to apply for positions located within the Stratton VA Medical Center (VAMC) and its Community Based Outpatient Clinics (CBOCs) in Albany, NY and it’s surrounding areas (Bainbridge, Catskill, Clifton Park, Elizabethtown/Saranac Lake, or Fonda, NY), even when there are no current vacancies or open announcements. The “Qualifications and Evaluation” tabs of this announcement provide more information on eligibility.
Use this notice to submit your resume to the Stratton VAMC for vacancies. You will be considered for appropriate vacancies in locations and at grades in which you express interest.
This announcement does not guarantee vacancies in specific jobs, grades, or locations. To maximize your employment opportunities, we strongly encourage you to apply for specific vacancies as they occur on USAJOBS.
- US Citizenship
- Position may require random drug testing
- All positions require background investigations
- Requires documented disability and job readiness
This announcement does not guarantee vacancies in specific jobs, grades, or locations. To maximize your employment opportunities, we strongly encourage you to apply for specific vacancies as they occur on USAJOBS.The duties will depend upon the specific positions for which you are considered.
For more information on VA Career Opportunities, please visit our recruitment site.
To apply under this announcement, you must be an individual with a disability or disabilities.
You must provide certification that you have a severe disability, are eligible for Schedule A or Veterans Recruitment Authority appointment, and are able to perform the essential duties of the position with or without reasonable accommodation. The certification must also describe any needed reasonable accommodation. The certification may be documented in one of the following ways:
1) By a counselor at either a State Vocational Rehabilitation Agency or the Vocational Rehabilitation and Employment Service of the Department of Veterans Affairs; OR
2) By a statement or letter on a physician’s or medical professional’s letterhead stationery from a licensed physician or medical professional certified by a State, the District of Columbia, or a U.S. territory to practice medicine; OR
3) By a statement, records, or letters from a Federal Government agency that issues or provides disability benefits
1) DD-214 member 4 copy (must show honorable discharge) AND
2) SF-15 http://www.opm.gov/Forms/pdf_fill/SF15.pdf AND
3) VA letter listing disability rating percentage